Thursday, March 24, 2005

Today I learned some things...

Today Laurel and I had our weekly (well, for 6 weeks anyway) YAPP meeting (Y'A Personne de Parfait) at the Carrefour. I learned:

- that my definition of a "good parent" is someone who loves their children, and raises them to become responsible members of society who love God and their fellow-men and -women

- that the margin of discipline we give our children between the ages of 0-5 is the same margin we will have with them as adolescents. A five year old who has not learned to accept a "no" will not accept a "no" as a teen either.

- that the person who has made mistakes on their way to accomplishing something knows more than the person who accomplished it on the first try

- that children who are too hard on themselves have parents who are too hard not on them but on themselves so we as parents should give ourselves a break! It will be good for our kids as well as our own blood pressure. (Hmmm... my father said something similar to me just yesterday... perhaps I should pay attention?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

Hey, thanks for doing my review for me! I was gonna suggest we try to discuss each session a bit to make sure we didn't forget/miss something good.

I'm looking forward to some quiet time with Clara to see how she thinks I show my love for her! Don't forget to do it with Chloe too :)

3:16 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Natasha said...

Well, today I learned some things from you that you learned yesterday. Thanks!

1:06 PM, March 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home