Saturday, Sunday...
I'm blogging while Mike washes the floors... don't I just have the best husband!
We had a good, though tiring weekend. Saturday morning at Eamon's 2nd birthday party - it was great to see Meredith and Mike again (Meredith is due with her second boy in May, so we'll be welcoming her back to the mothers' group!), as well as Elizabeth (née Robertson) and her husband Henry with their kids Robert and David. Chloé insisted on wearing a long fluffy baby blue dress that day, so she was very cute (and slightly overdressed). When Elizabeth tried to speak with Robert at one point he said "Not now, mommy... I'm talking to the princess." referring of course to my wonderful daughter! (Robert and Chloé are almost the same age.) Clara has also started picking out her clothes - but she went in the opposite direction and insisted on jeans and a t-shirt. It is a hard (and embarassing) life we parents have - right Laurel? Speaking of embarassing, I managed to forget Eamon's gift by the front door at home. Luckily Eamon was only turning two, and did not notice the missing gift. He'll have one to open while Chloé does the honours at her own birthday party next weekend.
We returned home after the party, hoping that the kids would have a good nap. Unfortunately Chloé seems to be dropping her afternoon nap and we had to put Zach in the office so that he would go to sleep. When I finally "woke Chloé up" - not that she had been asleep - I found that she had moved her entire bed onto the floor by the door, and was lying down reading books by the light from under the door. So long as it is quiet time I guess it's OK...
At 4 o'clock we went to visit Dung and Pascale's beautiful new home. They and their two daughters Coralie and Mathilde (who are the same ages as Chloé and Zach) used to be our upstairs neighbours and we miss them very much. The kids played and ate their favorite foods - pasta and broccoli - while we adults nibbled on mini-quiches and bruschetta. Later Dung and Pascale spoiled us with a wonderful raclette. Yum - we always eat well at their house!! (Sorry for the detailed description: maybe I've been reading too many food blogs like http://cookingwithamy.blogspot.com/)
Today was of course church and our weekly trip to the market http://www.marchespublics-mtl.com/fr-CA/Acc_MarchesJeanTalon.aspx?CatID=3. And tonight we are busy cleaning the house, trying to get a head-start on next Sunday's birthday party for Chloé. (Why do we bother? It will all be filthy again within 24 hours. Sigh.)
We had a good, though tiring weekend. Saturday morning at Eamon's 2nd birthday party - it was great to see Meredith and Mike again (Meredith is due with her second boy in May, so we'll be welcoming her back to the mothers' group!), as well as Elizabeth (née Robertson) and her husband Henry with their kids Robert and David. Chloé insisted on wearing a long fluffy baby blue dress that day, so she was very cute (and slightly overdressed). When Elizabeth tried to speak with Robert at one point he said "Not now, mommy... I'm talking to the princess." referring of course to my wonderful daughter! (Robert and Chloé are almost the same age.) Clara has also started picking out her clothes - but she went in the opposite direction and insisted on jeans and a t-shirt. It is a hard (and embarassing) life we parents have - right Laurel? Speaking of embarassing, I managed to forget Eamon's gift by the front door at home. Luckily Eamon was only turning two, and did not notice the missing gift. He'll have one to open while Chloé does the honours at her own birthday party next weekend.
We returned home after the party, hoping that the kids would have a good nap. Unfortunately Chloé seems to be dropping her afternoon nap and we had to put Zach in the office so that he would go to sleep. When I finally "woke Chloé up" - not that she had been asleep - I found that she had moved her entire bed onto the floor by the door, and was lying down reading books by the light from under the door. So long as it is quiet time I guess it's OK...
At 4 o'clock we went to visit Dung and Pascale's beautiful new home. They and their two daughters Coralie and Mathilde (who are the same ages as Chloé and Zach) used to be our upstairs neighbours and we miss them very much. The kids played and ate their favorite foods - pasta and broccoli - while we adults nibbled on mini-quiches and bruschetta. Later Dung and Pascale spoiled us with a wonderful raclette. Yum - we always eat well at their house!! (Sorry for the detailed description: maybe I've been reading too many food blogs like http://cookingwithamy.blogspot.com/)
Today was of course church and our weekly trip to the market http://www.marchespublics-mtl.com/fr-CA/Acc_MarchesJeanTalon.aspx?CatID=3. And tonight we are busy cleaning the house, trying to get a head-start on next Sunday's birthday party for Chloé. (Why do we bother? It will all be filthy again within 24 hours. Sigh.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home