Mike and I, during our planning time on Sunday afternoon, decided to modify our bedtime routine with the kids, dropping one song and adding in a Bible story. It has been so cool to see them just hanging on Mike's words and getting involved with comments and questions. Sometimes I feel so lost at how to encourage a love for God and his word in my children, but as I see how much they love to pray and sing and now to hear these Bible stories, it gives me hope. So for the future record, our bedtime routine is now:
- a Bible story
- dim lights
- sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- pray
- sing (to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle - OK so I'm not the most original inventor of songs but my kids like it!):
"God, O God, O God above
Watch these babies whom I love.
While their dreams flow swiftly by,
Round them may your angels fly.
God, O God, O God above
Watch these babies whom I love."
- kisses, 'I love you's, and lights out
- a Bible story
- dim lights
- sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- pray
- sing (to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle - OK so I'm not the most original inventor of songs but my kids like it!):
"God, O God, O God above
Watch these babies whom I love.
While their dreams flow swiftly by,
Round them may your angels fly.
God, O God, O God above
Watch these babies whom I love."
- kisses, 'I love you's, and lights out


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home