Visit of the cousins
We've had an exciting coupe of days. My sister Pamela and her husband Randy arrived on Tuesday at noon, bringing with them sons Isaac and Graham. Although at Christmas Isaac and Chloé had played together, this time it was Isaac and Zaco who paired up and had a lot of fun. We went to the park on Tuesday afternoon (see pics from yesterday), and on Wednesday we visited the Biodome, afterwards meeting Pam's friend Angela for lunch. Despite (or perhaps because of) the action-packed morning, the kids did not go down well for their afternoon nap. In frustration, I finally got Chloé up and took her to the park and grocery shopping. (I don't think Isaac slept, but at least Zachary did once Coco was out of the bedroom.) At the park we had fun with Laurel and Clara and Leo, Jenne and Cohen, and Annie with Camille - until Chloé's exhaustion brought on a fit of screaming, and we had to leave. On our way home from the grocery store, she finally fell asleep in the stroller. Randy carried her down onto the front terrace when I got home and she slept on for another hour or so before waking up crying. When I picked her up, she fell asleep once again - another 45 minutes, this time in my arms. I don't get that very often, so I just sat on the couch and enjoyed it. She was in a good mood when she woke up, just seconds before Uncle Derek arrived. "Derek!" she screamed, and proceeded to talk to him non-stop, through supper and later a walk down to the local ice-cream shop. Pam's friend from CEGEP, Mirabelle (another doctor), and her son William, also joined us for dinner and ice cream. William is 3 and a half years old, and despite the fact that he speaks even less English than Coco does French, they managed to get intimate enough to hold hands all the way back from the ice cream store (i.e. once Derek had left us to return home).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home